Thunderbird understanding SpamAssassin

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jan 12 11:07:27 GMT 2006

Thunderbird 1.5 has been released.
To quote from the help:

"Trust junk mail headers set by will automatically recognize mail that is
marked by a separate junk mail filtering program. Very often, your ISP or
mail server will install such a filtering program, which adds special
headers to your email before it is retrieved by Thunderbird. By setting
this option, you do not have to create special filters to recognize
these. Currently supports: SpamAssassin and SpamPal."

What headers is it using?
I obviously want to change the default spam actions in MailScanner to
generate the headers that it recognises.

I have googled for it and can't find anything useful.
--
Julian Field