Child Process Hangs

Steve Freegard smf at F2S.COM
Tue Jan 10 17:13:05 GMT 2006

Hi Craig,

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 18:47 +0200, Craig Retief (CSFS) wrote:

> I ran the perl -w MailWatch.pm command and got this -> â^À^ÜUseless use of
> private variable in void context at MailWatch.pm line 247.â^À^Ý

This is a harmless warning - it can be ignored.

> Is this as Julian made me realize maybe a DB logging error?

Yes - it looks to be - though I've never seen MailWatch.pm hang a
MailScanner system like this before.

Check that DBI, DBD-MySQL, Sys::Hostname, Socket and Storable perl
modules are installed correctly - also make sure that you aren't doing
anything 'funky' with TCP port 11553 (e.g. delaying or dropping packets
using iptables etc.).

Cheers,
Steve.