MailScanner init-script (feature request?)

Greg Matthews gmatt at NERC.AC.UK
Tue Jan 10 17:17:41 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 16:31 +0000, Julian Field wrote:
> I've implemented it the other way around. You can
> 	service MailScanner stop
> 	service MailScanner startin
> 	service MailScanner startout
> Do all the MailScanner stuff you want to do
> 	service MailScanner restart

It would be really useful to have fine grained control of these
processes. I've been meaning to hack at this for ages but its a matter
of time... for instance, it is useful to be able to stop the incoming
listener and let the queue drain. Or just start MailScanner to process
some sample emails from one queue to another with no real delivery.

If I ever get around to it I'll post to the list unless someone beats me
to it...

--
Greg Matthews           01491 692445
Head of UNIX/Linux, iTSS Wallingford