MailScanner problem

Richard Edge Edge at TWU.CA
Fri Jan 6 20:47:17 GMT 2006

I am having a problem with MailScanner after upgrading both email
gateways yesterday to 4.50.4. Both gateways were upgraded using exactly
the same steps but on the primary gateway it is having an issue with
delivering email to our Exchange servers. It is receiving the email fine,
but it is not being logged to the MailWatch database or being forwarded
on to our Exchange server. When starting MailScanner on this gateway I no
longer see it finding new batches of received email. and when runnin ps
-ax | grep MailScanner I get the following output:

19323 ?        S      0:00 MailScanner: starting
children
19324 ?        Z      0:00 [MailScanner <defunct>]
19352 ?        Z      0:00 [MailScanner <defunct>]
19360 pts/0    S      0:00 grep MailScanner
I have checked other log files but cannot see anything out of the
ordinary.

As mentioned the second gateway is working fine with exactly the same
setup. Any suggestion of where to look next?

Richard Edge
Senior Systems Administrator | Technology Services
Trinity Western University | t: 604.513.2089
f: 604.513.2038 | e: edge <at> twu.ca| www.twu.ca/technology