All_Trusted

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Thu Jan 5 15:51:13 GMT 2006

Kevin Miller wrote:

> Ah, I see what you mean.  So having set trusted_networks and
> internal_networks per Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf, the ALL_TRUSTED trigger
> went away.  But is there anything I should be looking at regarding the

That's fixed now. Received: header parsing depends on SA's ability to determine
which hosts are trusted/internal and which aren't.

Without a trusted_networks declared, SA will try to guess, but that guess
doesn't work well for networks with NATed mailservers and some other configurations.

> Things seem to be flowing OK.  Hopefully it's catching more spam than
> ever?

You should definitely see better performance out of DUL RBLs, and the
HELO_DYNAMIC type rules. There's also a good handful of other rules affected by
the trust/untrust decisions.

> I take it that it would be prudent to check my other MS boxes and rem
> out the "score ALL_TRUSTED 0" if it's there?

Yes, that would be prudent, as if ALL_TRUSTED is misfiring, it's a sign you need
a manual trusted_networks.