All_Trusted

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at CI.JUNEAU.AK.US
Thu Jan 5 00:53:12 GMT 2006

Matt Kettler wrote:
> Kevin Miller wrote:
>> I updated one of my MailScanners last week.  Running sendmail, with
>> the following (from MailScanner -V):
>>
>> Linux mxl 2.6.11.4-21.10-default #1 Tue Nov 29 14:32:49 UTC 2005
>> i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux This is SuSE Linux 9.3 (i586)
>> This is Perl version 5.008006 (5.8.6)
>> This is MailScanner version 4.48.4
>> 3.000003        Mail::SpamAssassin
>>
>> Noticed some spam had made it through the filters this morning which
>> had a -3.14 for ALL_TRUSTED.  Bogus.  There was a thread last month
>> about ALL_TRUSTED, but it didn't mirror my setup in that I didn't
>> change the local rules dir, whereas that poster did.
>
> Any chance your old spam.assassin.prefs.conf had a "score ALL_TRUSTED
>   0" in it? (For a while the MS standard distro file had this in it..
> very bad)
>
> Or some other config file that got disabled when you upgraded?

My old spam.assassin.prefs.conf did have it in there, but the new one
(linked to from /etc/mail) doesn't.  That would have set the score to 0
at any rate, not -3.14.  Unless I'm reading the line wrong and it's a
toggle rather than a level.

I'll be upgrading another of my boxes soon - be interesting to see what
happens when I do...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500