OT: Happy New Year!

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 4 15:09:10 GMT 2006

On 02/01/06, Doc Schneider <doc at maddoc.net> wrote:
> Glenn Steen wrote:

> >> Have a good one yourself Glenn and to everyone else out there in
> >> 'MailScanner land' :-)
> >>
> >> May 2006 bring spam and infection free inboxes (But not so clear that
> >> Jules' commercial adventure doesn't achieve the success it deserves)
> >>
> >> Drew
> >>

> > Well, the year could've ended in a more .... fortuitous way for me....
> > Spent three hours at the ER getting my leg into a cast... Sigh. Grown
> > men should know better than to borrow the kids bobsleigh (Amazingly
> > enough, not a whole lot of alcohol had been ingested beforehand:-):-).
> > Oh well. Hope you all fared better;).
> >
> > --
>
> Glenn,
>
> Just be glad it was only your leg... my wife has a friend who did
> something almost exactly like this and is now in a wheelchair--she broke
> her neck! (This happened a few years ago and no alcohol was involved)
>
> Hope the rest of this year goes well for the rest of the list folks.
>
> (Now to download the latest and greatest and see about getting my
> MailScanner upgraded.
>
> --
> -Doc
> Lincoln, NE.

You are of course right Doc.
I'll be an invalid for the next 6 weeks, but there are a lot of people
like your wifes friend who end up hurt for life.
About a decade ago the best Swedish slalom/downhill skier at the time,
Thomas Fogdö, decided he didn't have to tighten things up going the
short way from the lift to the pist... I understand there was a
general fooling around, and he happened to take an "easy" fall that
turned out to be really bad. A disc slipped in his back and tore the
vertebrea(sp?), so he's in a wheelchair for life.

Thing is, I knew this but never thought anything like that could happen to me.
Now I know better. Oh well.... Back to getting this blasted VPN
thingie working so that I don't have to be on sickleave the entire
time ... I too would like to get the latest MS onto my MXs, and I
don't trust that to my collegues:-)

--
-- Glenn