mail processed but abandoned qf files in mqueue.in?

Ken A ka at PACIFIC.NET
Tue Jan 3 21:06:02 GMT 2006

Julian Field wrote:
> Ken A wrote:
>
>> I'm seeing a few left over qf files in the incoming queue. The mail is
>> being processed fine. I've tried changing flock to posix and this
>> seems to help, but I'm not sure why this is happening with a 2.6
>> kernel and sendmail 13.4x, or is this issue still around with 2.6
>> kernels?
>> Just upgraded a couple MS/SA boxes to the latest MailScanner/SA on
>> Fedora Core 4.
>
> If using sendmail 8.13.1 or upwards, you need "Lock Type = posix" on Linux.
> This will make a critical difference.

# Don't set this unless you *know* you need to.
# For sendmail, it defaults to "flock".
# For sendmail 8.13 onwards, you will probably need to change it to posix.

Now I _know_ I need to change this. :-)

Thanks,
Ken A
Pacific.Net