mail processed but abandoned qf files in mqueue.in?

Chris Stone cstone at axint.net
Tue Jan 3 19:07:02 GMT 2006

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 10:50:02AM -0800, Ken A wrote:
> I'm seeing a few left over qf files in the incoming queue. The mail is
> being processed fine. I've tried changing flock to posix and this seems
> to help, but I'm not sure why this is happening with a 2.6 kernel and
> sendmail 13.4x, or is this issue still around with 2.6 kernels?
> Just upgraded a couple MS/SA boxes to the latest MailScanner/SA on

Am seeing this also with MS 4.48.x under a 2.4 kernel with RH9. What I
have noticed also is that it appears to be happening only for messages
that have the recipient address set to NOT receive scanning (neither
virus or spam). The messages seem to be processed and sent along ok, but
some files linger in mqueue.in as you are seeing. Have not messed with
changing flock, so don't know if that'd help or not here at all.

Chris