OT Advice for server reinstalation

Thom Jones tjones at isthmus.com
Fri Feb 24 14:30:16 GMT 2006

I've had very good luck with CentOS (www.centos.org).  Essentially, it is a
RedHat clone.  I'm running it on similar hardware (512Mb, though) and it
works great.  Security updates notifications are fairly automated with
up2date although I haven't been totally satisfied with some of the package
releases (supplied php version is still 4.3.9) but that can be gotten
around, obviously, with doing your own builds.