Beta 4.51.1: "Add TNEF Contents"

John Wilcock john at tradoc.fr
Thu Feb 23 07:44:53 GMT 2006

Julian Field wrote:
> > So I'm a bit confused.  With the latest MS TNEF attachments are
> > > disallowed by default.
> Due to a current security issue with TNEF handling in Microsoft code.
> You may choose to disable this block. Hopefully Microsoft will fix this
> issue pretty fast, it should be in an Office update.
>
> So this block is temporary, it's not intended to be permanently in there.

Does the new "Add TNEF Contents" do as its name suggests, i.e. add the
attachments from within the TNEF but also leave the TNEF part there?

If so, how about changing things to (optionally?) *replace* the TNEF
completely. That way no Microsoft code even gets to see the TNEF...

John.

--
-- Over 3000 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com
-- Translate your technical documents and web pages    - www.tradoc.fr