OT: Sorbs DNSBL

Jeff Graves jeff at image-src.com
Tue Feb 21 23:16:20 GMT 2006

We're checking against sorbs dnsbl among others and I've noticed that
anytime we have a problem with mail getting through it's because sorbs had
it listed and when I turn sorbs off, the majority of spam that gets through
are from servers listed on sorbs. The problem is that it blocks A LOT of
legitimate domains (like hotmail, gmail, comcast, etc). I was just wondering
what others' experiences with it were? Should I keep using it and add the
hotmail, gmail, comcast, etc. IP's to my access db (could be thousands) or
is sorbs not worth it?

--
Jeff Graves, MCSA
Image Source, Inc.