MailScanner, postfix and exchange server as a gateway

Drew Marshall drew at themarshalls.co.uk
Tue Feb 21 12:50:31 GMT 2006

On Tue, February 21, 2006 11:37, Admin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently I am using MailScanner 4.50.15-1 with postfix as a gateway for
> my exchange server , its run on FC4, Is it better to change to sendmail
> or stick with postfix?. If so how can I accept mail only for valid
> Exchange users in sendmail.

Being some what biased, why would you want to change? Postfix does
everything that Sendmail does without re-compiling (Or, IMHO, without
needing to understand a strange language for the config file :-) ).

Seriously, there are loads of large sites using both MTAs in the same way
as you are/ want to without any issues. Both will work well so, like OS's,
it comes down to personal preferences. I would suggest that you use what
you are familier with as you are less likely to **** it up and in doing
so, at best fill your queues with Spam and worst case become a black
listed open relay ;-)

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy