[Fwd: Re: exim4 / mailscanner 4.50.15 spool issues]

Brent Addis brent.addis at pronet.co.nz
Tue Feb 21 07:29:11 GMT 2006

Koopmann, Jan-Peter wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 21, 2006 1:04 AM Brent Addis wrote:
>

>> I have built a new server from scratch, instralled 4.50 and am still
>> getting this problem. Has anybody seen it at all?
>>
>> It seems totally random. only 6 out of every 1500 happens. All seem
>> to be just text based messages with nothing odd.
>>
>> I would really like to be use 4.50 in production but that's a no go
>> until this is sorted.
>>

> First: I can confirm the problem. I am seeing the exact same thing. Julian.
> Something in 4.49 or 4.50 broke exim support a bit. Sometimes -H files are
> left in the incoming spool whereas the -D files are gone. Actually I have
> yet to debug if the message itself was delivered correctly.
>
> @Brent: Currently I do not think this is a showstopper. You can periodically
> run a small script deleting all -H files whithout corresponding -D files.
> Not nice but it works.

I believe it is. the mail does not seem to arrive at the other end. I
end up having to attach the original message to a new mail and send it.
I have had to turn on quarantine all mail just for this reason.

I am seeing it in the outgoing spool queue not the incoming

--
Regards,

Brent Addis
Technical Account Manager