[Fwd: Re: exim4 / mailscanner 4.50.15 spool issues]

Koopmann, Jan-Peter Jan-Peter.Koopmann at seceidos.de
Tue Feb 21 07:21:01 GMT 2006

On Tuesday, February 21, 2006 1:04 AM Brent Addis wrote:

> I have built a new server from scratch, instralled 4.50 and am still
> getting this problem. Has anybody seen it at all?
>
> It seems totally random. only 6 out of every 1500 happens. All seem
> to be just text based messages with nothing odd.
>
> I would really like to be use 4.50 in production but that's a no go
> until this is sorted.

First: I can confirm the problem. I am seeing the exact same thing. Julian.
Something in 4.49 or 4.50 broke exim support a bit. Sometimes -H files are
left in the incoming spool whereas the -D files are gone. Actually I have
yet to debug if the message itself was delivered correctly.

@Brent: Currently I do not think this is a showstopper. You can periodically
run a small script deleting all -H files whithout corresponding -D files.
Not nice but it works.

Kind regards,
  JP