Convert HTML Question

Greg Rowe greg at rowes.org
Thu Feb 16 15:19:37 GMT 2006

Hi Aaron,
 Does this rule differ than having a rule in the MailScanner.conf that looks
like this:

Convert HTML To Text = %rules-dir%/strip.html.rules

And the contents of "strip.html.rules":

To:  *@pagingservice.com  yes
FromOrTo:  default   no

??

The above rule is working and the message is being delivered properly, but
still contains the following in the message body after the HTML is stripped:

 > ------_=_NextPart_001_01C63248.6B567FBD
>
 > This is a test page
 >
 > ------_=_NextPart_001_01C63248.6B567FBD
 >
 > This is a test page
 >
 > ------_=_NextPart_001_01C63248.6B567FBD--

The Paging service, right or wrong, is doing some check to determine if the
message contains HTML or MIME and is rejecting the message based on still
finding these MIME statements. If the Paging service returned some
informative message to the user that pointed them towards the HTML problem,
I wouldn't be as concerned. Unfortunately, all it returns is a Remote
protocol Error. Since I'm already using MailScanner to remove the HTML, I
was wondering if I could also remove the MIME and Content lines too ?

Thanks,
Greg