MailScanner won't notify recipients when quarantine messages/attachments

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 12:39:48 GMT 2006

On 16/02/06, Paul R. Ganci <ganci at nurdog.com> wrote:
> spart cus wrote:
>

> > check your < notify sender = yes/no > parameter
> > */"Paul R. Ganci" <ganci at nurdog.com>/* wrote:
> >

> I have notify sender = no. The problem is not that I want to notify the
> sender. I want to notify the recipient. What appears to be happening is
> that no Email is delivered at all to the recipient. In the logs I will
> see that the attachment was stripped and that it was sent to quarantine,
> but that does no good for the end user who might need to retrieve something.

What do you have "Still Deliver Silent Viruses" set to? "Silent
Viruses"? That combination of settings is what handles delivery of
"cleaned" messages (as opposed to settings regarding
"disinfection"...).

> For grins I did set notify sender = yes. Then the sender did get
> notified appropriately. The recipient still did not receive any
> indication that an attachment was stripped.  Very strange behavior indeed.
I'm not grinning. Don't do that. Or ask yourself "Do I want to be part
of the problem";-).

--
-- Glenn