no messages tagged as spam

Harondel J. Sibble mailscanner at PDSCC.COM
Sun Feb 12 20:43:59 GMT 2006

Have a bit of an odd one... Not sure if this is an MS, MW or SA problem, or a
combination.

I setup 2 mailscanner boxes running

mailscanner-4.49.7-1
spamassassin-3.1.0-1
postfix-2.1.5-4.2.RHEL4
mailwatch 1.03

The boxes have essentially identical software (centos 4.2 and updates) and
and configurations, except that they have different ip address scopes,
hostnames and are setup for different domains, the hardware is pretty much
identical.  The only other thing different between the working system and the
non working system is I upgraded the perl cpan stuff from the cpan shell on
the non working system before installing SA, MS and MW.

    install Bundle::CPAN,  reload cpan

Config files for both for SA, MS and MW and postfix came from another test
machine.

On one machine, all is working fine, in MW can see listings of mail flowing
through the system including ones tagged as spam. On the other system I can
see all the messages that have come through the system but NONE of the 200 or
so messages has been tagged as spam when at least 2/3 of them are blatantly
spam.

If I display the SA bayes database report in MW, its shows that stuff is
being recognized as spam

Bayes Database Information Number of Spam Messages:	83
Number of Ham Messages:	117
Number of Tokens:	5,545
Oldest Token:	Sat, 4 Feb 2006 20:57:47 -0800
Newest Token:	Sun, 12 Feb 2006 12:00:03 -0800
Last Journal Sync:	Wed, 31 Dec 1969 16:00:00 -0800
Last Expiry:	Wed, 31 Dec 1969 16:00:00 -0800
Last Expiry Reduction Count:	0 tokens

I reduced the level to have something tagged as spam to 2 the MS conf file

Required SpamAssassin Score = 2

Looking at the recent messages list in MW, most of the blattant spam is only
getting at most a 1.6 score. Some of the messages are getting a 0.00 score.

Not sure what I am missing or what I should be looking at to resolve this.

Suggestions???

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting