Outlook Rich Text Format messages - how to let through?

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Tue Feb 7 20:07:56 GMT 2006

Jody Cleveland wrote:

>I'm running MailScanner ver. 4.50.15 on a redhat 4.0AS server that then
>routes to an exchange 2003 server. I recently upgraded to this version
>of MailScanner, and I'm noticing these reports from the quarantine:
>
>MailScanner: No Outlook Rich Text Format messages due to security hole,
>use HTML instead (msg-2611-3.txt)
>
>So, I did some research, and set Deliver Unparsable TNEF to yes.
>
>But, I'm still getting those notices. Is there another setting I'm
>missing?
>
>- jody

Jody,

What you're looking for is:
filetype.rules.conf:deny        Transport Neutral Encapsulation
Format          Windows security
vulnerability                               No Outlook Rich Text Format
messages due to security hole, use HTML instead

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste