More problems than just ALL_TRusted

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 22:02:04 GMT 2006

On 06/02/06, Richard Edge <Edge at twu.ca> wrote:
> I have looked at the following:
>
> > Syntax error in line 1480, value "" for spamblacklist is not one of
> > allowed values "yes","no" at
> > /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm
> > line 2360
>
> My line 1480 is 'Is Definitely Spam = $SQLBlacklist' and is the same as
> my mx20 config.

IIRC, SQLBlacklist is a subroutine/function call and should be spelled
with an "&", not a "$"... IOW: Is Definitely Spam = &SQLBlacklist

> > Syntax error in line 1473, value "" for spamwhitelist is not one of
> > allowed values "yes","no" at
> > /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm
> > line 2360
>
> My line 1473 shows 'Is Definitely Not Spam = $SQLWhitelist' which is
> exactly what the same line on my config file on mx20.twu.ca and is
> supposed be set to this for MailWatch.

Same error as for the blacklist call above.

> > Possible syntax error on line 26 of
> > /etc/MailScanner/filename.rules.conf
> > at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm line 1274 Remember to
> > separate fields with tab characters! at
> > /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm line 1276 Read 702
>
> My line 26 in /etc/MailScanner/filename.rules.conf shows
> '/etc/MailScanner/filename.rules.conf' which was not added by me, but is
> a part of your base file setup. The only changes I made in this file was
> to comment out the winmail, .bmp,.ico, .ani, .cur, and .hlp deny lines a
> couple of versions ago.

Don't know about this one... Perhaps the wrong type of comment chars?

> I don't know where the 'warning: score set for non-existent rule' lines
> are coming from since I do not recognize any of these rules. They are
> not scores I have set anywhere.

Better heads than mine will likely help with this one... Could they be
"leftover" rules from a previous SA? Or some "plugin" not being loaded
correctly?

--
-- Glenn