MailScanner needs to be restarted 2 times

Drew Marshall drew at themarshalls.co.uk
Thu Feb 2 22:24:40 GMT 2006

On 2 Feb 2006, at 21:42, Scott Silva wrote:

> The default during a restart is a 10 second pause.
> You might be bypassing this if you are doing a stop, immediately
> followed by a
> start.
> If 10 seconds isn't enough, it is easy enough to find in the
> MailScanner init
> script.

On that spec of machine, 10 seconds isn't enough. My MailScanner
processes take more like 20 seconds to die fully on my (Very!) low
end AMD K6-s machine. Just edit the init script to put a larger pause
in there.

> MailScanner is like deodorant...
> You hope everybody uses it, and
> you notice quickly if they don't!!!!

Nice sig. Definitely takes signature of the week winner!!

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy