mailscanner and perdomain white and blacklists

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Feb 2 17:28:42 GMT 2006

There is code to do this in CustomConfig.pm in
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner. There is documentation in there that
will tell you how to enable the code and how to set everything up for
it. Look for the Per-Domain whitelist and blacklist code and you'll find
it, there is code in the same file for other add-on features as well.

If you have trouble setting it up or getting it basically working, then
give me a shout (possibly on IRC) and I'll try to help where I can.

It's not hard, you don't have to write any code or anything to make it
all work
:-)

Dave wrote:
> Hi Julian,
>    Thanks for your reply. I haven't had a moment yet to check out that
> boxes mailscanner.conf except except just a quick overview of the
> mta-specific settings. Can the spam whitelists and blacklists be used
> on a perdomain basis? For example, i've got domain1.com and
> domain2.com. The user at domain1.com wants a user added to his spam
> whitelist while the user at domain2.com wants a spammer added to his
> spam blacklist. Ideally i believe these users at domain 1 and 2 .com
> want independent lists.
> Thanks a lot.
> Dave.
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Julian Field"