SA cache not expiring entries?

Ken A ka at pacific.net
Wed Feb 1 22:07:56 GMT 2006

Steve Freegard wrote:
> Hi Ken,
>
> On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 13:49 -0800, Ken A wrote:
>

> Next time, before nuking the database - run analyse_SpamAssassin_cache
> and post the output as it will show up any irregularities straight away.

MailScanner stopped Expiring entries from the SA cache. This time with
4.50.14. Here's what it looked like. I noticed the incoming queue
growing on one MailScanner box. Checked the log for oddities and found this:

MailScanner's last successful "Expired records from the SpamAssassin
cache" happened about an hour ago (12:30 localtime)
Then there's a load of these:
"Feb  1 13:31:18 MailScanner[14286]: database or disk is full(1) at
dbdimp.c line 398
Feb  1 13:31:18 last message repeated 59 times"

The disk is tmpfs, and it's not full. The box is not out of RAM or SWAP.

So I checked the size of the SA Cache file:
# ls -lh
-rw-------   1 root root 5.3M Feb  1 12:31 SpamAssassin.cache.db
-rw-------   1 root root 6.6K Feb  1 13:40 SpamAssassin.cache.db-journal

5.3Mb - not that big!

So, per your previous email on this, run analyze....

# /usr/sbin/analyze_SpamAssassin_cache
DBD::SQLite::db selectrow_hashref failed: database is locked(5) at
dbdimp.c line 416 at /usr/sbin/analyze_SpamAssassin_cache line 20.
--------- TOTALS ---------
Total records:       3251
First seen (oldest): 587347 sec
First seen (newest): 3769 sec