Having trouble with mqueue.in

Tim Grooms timgrooms at noacon.com
Wed Feb 1 21:06:11 GMT 2006

Installed MailScanner-4.50.14-1 and ClamAV/SpamAssassin today from the
rpm files
MailScanner-4.50.14-1.rpm.tar.gz and
install-Clam-SA.tar.gz

Everything seemed to work fine in the installs.  Ran
upgrade_MailScanner_conf and
upgrade_languages.conf and those seemed to go ok as well.

I am using Fedora Core 4 and sendmail.  I cannot get incoming mail to
come through and get
the following when trying to start MailScanner:

[root at www log]# service MailScanner start
Starting MailScanner daemons:
            incoming sendmail: Warning: Option: AuthOptions requires
SASL support (-DSASL)
/): No such file or directoryspool/mqueue.in

                        [OK]
             outgoing sendmail: Warning: Option: AuthOptions requires
SASL support (-DSASL)

                        [OK]
             MailScanner
               [OK]
[root at www log]#

There are no errors in the maillog file everything appears to start
normally. I have checked the
folders and permissions in /var/spool  and all seems OK there as well as
the path in
MailScanner.conf to both incoming and outgoing queues.

Any suggestions?  I'm stumped.

Thanks.