ALL_TRUSTED problems

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 20:57:41 GMT 2006

On 01/02/06, dnsadmin 1bigthink.com <dnsadmin at 1bigthink.com> wrote:
> At 03:00 PM 2/1/2006, you wrote:
>
> >The trouble with making changes in the 50_scores.cf is that the change
> >will be overwrittent whenever SA is updated. I should be able to place
> >'overrides' in the spam.assassin.prefs.conf file as the documentation
> >states and have them override the defaults.
>
> Hello Richard,
>
> I looked back at the threads for this post after I saw something very
> spammy and pornographic (even spelled correctly!) slip by my server
> last night and it was due to the ALL_TRUSTED rule as well. Is that
> what happened to you?
>
> Where are the guts of what is triggering ALL_TRUSTED?
Hi Glenn,

The "guts" are in spamassassin, of course... Matt Kettler has covered
this extensively on this list in the past (how it works, what it is
and what to do about it getting misdetected)... Pehraps one of those
would turn up if you search the list archives (on gmane) for kettler
and trusted_path:-).

> I don't have any trusted_networks defined in my configs that I know
> of, nor have seen since hunting through configs for this.

You should set trusted_networks to your mailservers IP addresses (or network).
IIRC this is suggested in spam.assassin.prefs.conf / mailscanner.cf ....

--
-- Glenn