Fwd: SQLite and postfix...

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 20:16:22 GMT 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com>
Date: 01-Feb-2006 18:23
Subject: SQLite and postfix...
To: MailScanner at lists.mailscanner.info

Just a note, if this hasn't been covered already:

Updated to the latest stable (4.50.14) on my prod machine running
postfix...It's a Mdv 10.2, so I used that rpm method.

Apparantly the SQLite db got created during install, with only user rw
perms... and a "non-postfix" user. This made MailScanner loop during
startup (all the children died immediately). Running --debug
complained about line 172 in SA.pm, which happen to be an operation on
the SQLite, so ... eventually led me right:-).

Simple fix is to remove the file
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin.cache.db and do "service
MailScanner restart" ... and a pristine file with the correect
perms/owner get created. One could've just changed the owner, of
course:-).

Other than that, it looks to be _really_ nice... and fast.
--
-- Glenn

-- Glenn