Installed MS 4.50 stable successfully

Sujith Emmanuel sujithe at cdacb.ernet.in
Wed Feb 1 11:40:33 GMT 2006

Dear all,

I got to install the latest stable version MS 4.50 successfully on my RHEL 4
box. It is working fine and a lot faster than the earlier stable version.
Kudos.

            When I run the new feature i.e. /usr/sbin/MailScanner -lint

            I don't get the virus scanners results correct. I had installed
the clamAV+SA easy installation package from the site. But the result only
shows bitdefender as given below.

Read 700 hostnames from the phishing whitelist

Config: calling custom init function SQLBlacklist

Config: calling custom init function MailWatchLogging

Config: calling custom init function SQLWhitelist

Checking SpamAssassin errors (if you use it), this may take some time...

Using SpamAssassin results cache

Connected to SpamAssassin cache database

SpamAssassin reported no errors.

MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = clamavmodule bitdefender"

Found these virus scanners installed: bitdefender

Sysinfo:

Sendmail is the default that comes with EL 4.

Running on

Linux imss.cdacb.ernet.in 2.6.9-5.EL #1 Wed Jan 5 19:22:18 EST 2005 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux

This is Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant)

This is Perl version 5.008005 (5.8.5)

This is MailScanner version 4.50.14

Module versions are:

1.00    AnyDBM_File

1.14    Archive::Zip

1.03    Carp

1.119   Convert::BinHex

1.00    DirHandle

1.05    Fcntl

2.73    File::Basename

2.08    File::Copy

2.01    FileHandle

1.06    File::Path

0.14    File::Temp

1.32    HTML::Entities

3.48    HTML::Parser

2.35    HTML::TokeParser

1.21    IO

1.10    IO::File

1.123   IO::Pipe

1.71    Mail::Header

3.05    MIME::Base64

5.419   MIME::Decoder

5.419   MIME::Decoder::UU

5.419   MIME::Head

5.419   MIME::Parser

3.03    MIME::QuotedPrint

5.419   MIME::Tools

0.10    Net::CIDR

1.08    POSIX

1.77    Socket

0.05    Sys::Syslog

1.86    Time::HiRes

1.02    Time::localtime

Optional module versions are:

0.17    Convert::TNEF

1.810   DB_File

1.11    DBD::SQLite

1.50    DBI

1.08    Digest

1.01    Digest::HMAC

2.36    Digest::MD5

2.10    Digest::SHA1

0.44    Inline

0.17    Mail::ClamAV

3.001000        Mail::SpamAssassin

1.997   Mail::SPF::Query

0.15    Net::CIDR::Lite

0.48    Net::DNS

0.31    Net::LDAP

1.94    Parse::RecDescent

missing SAVI

1.4     Sys::Hostname::Long

2.42    Test::Harness

0.47    Test::Simple

1.95    Text::Balanced

1.35    URI

I had got a lot of conflict errors while installing MS for some perl
modules. And one more thing, is Test::Pod necessary for the working?

Thanks and regards

Sujith Emmanuel