fetchmail/MS long shot

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Dec 29 22:47:48 CET 2006

Michael Masse spake the following on 12/29/2006 1:28 PM:
> I've read the archives and the wiki and have found plenty of information
> on using fetchmail to pop messages from one email system and insert them
> into another, but what I'm trying to do is a bit different, so I thought
> I'd ask.     A certain ISP does a really bad job of spam detection and I
> know it's possible to use fetchmail to download all of the mail from
> that ISP and do MS / SA scanning on the mail, but is there a way to then
> stick the ham email back on the ISP inbox so that the user doesn't
> really have to do anything different in particular?   The problem I see
> is how would fetchmail then know which messages have been scanned
> already?   I'm not married to fetchmail if there is a better way to do
> what I'm looking for BTW.
>
> Mike

The simple solution would be to use fetchmail from the ISP, and have the user
pop the mail from your server. Otherwise, you would just keep getting the same
ham messages over and over again.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and