MailScanner Digest, Vol 12, Issue 30

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Sat Dec 23 14:04:46 CET 2006

On Saturday December 23, 2006 at 07:47:53 (AM) Chris Sweeney wrote:

> All the talk on here about BAD auto responders and it never fails there
> are still ding bats who use them on mailing list.
>
> Jason Broome wrote:
> > *****This is a automated response - Please do not reply - as no response will be given*****
> >
> > Thank you for your e-mail.
> >
> > Our offices are now closed for the Christmas period until Tuesday January 2nd 2007.
> > Please rest assured that all services are being fully monitored and maintained throughout
> > the festive period.
> >
> > If your enquiry is regarding an attachment release, as our Mail Scanners have removed it, one of our on call
> > engineers will forward it on shortly.
> >
> > May we take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year from all at Freecom.net.
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> >
> > Freecom.net Technical Support Team

Please don't top post. If you don't know what that means, Google for it.

There is not much that you can do about those morons. They are either
too lazy or stupid to exclude mailing lists from being notified by their
vacation program. I will let one through, but the second time I get a
notice like that from the same user, I create a rule and have Postfix
/dev/null that user's mail. End of problem. I could bounce the message;
however, that would only add backscatter into the mix. I could also
receive another notice from that user that could cause an endless loop.

--
Gerard