OT: spammers get long vacations?

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 09:48:30 CET 2006

On 19/12/06, Ramprasad <ram at netcore.co.in> wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 18:04 -0500, Furnish, Trever G wrote:
> > Sorry, this is very trivial and OT, but I'm just curious...
> >
> > Anyone else keeping track of their overall mail stats and noting a
> > dramatic decrease in overall inbound mail?  Our inbound flow has dropped
> > from about 65k messages per day to 35k messages per day in the past
> > several days.  Probably some of it's the weekend, but over mail levels
> > haven't been that low in quite a while.
> >
> Our traffix is down to 60%.
> Probably spammers are lying low until christmas. If they keeping
> shooting now they will get their ips listed in RBL's and will not be
> able to have go when they want to  .. just a guess
>

> Thanks
> Ram

Well, everything is relative... We saw an 900% (approximately... I'm
being cautious here;) from May to the end of November (the "incline"
was steeper than that, but that was where it ... eased off a bit).
Since then it has stabilized at 15-20% below the "all-time-high" of
November.

I fully expect the holidays to bring me a new increase... Just what I
put on my list to Santa... not:).

--
-- Glenn