Work Dir is not cleaned up

Tue Dec 19 07:38:31 CET 2006

Dear all,

since migrating our mailing systems, which consist of MailScanner
between two instances of postfix, into virtual machines by using the
http://linux-vserver.org patch, the working dir is not cleaned up anymore.

The temporary directories, each named with the pid of previously stopped
childs, are neither deleted after starting new childs automatically nor
after stopping the whole MailScanner.

Google did not lead to any hint, yet, but the changelog states, that
version 4.50.15-1 "fixed bug where temporary files were not cleaned up
properly". Alas instead of compiling a newer version I'd prefer to keep
the original package (4.41.3-2) shipped with Debian Sarge on the
productive machines.

So, do you have any hint for to look for the reason or is there any
reason not to stop MailScanner by a nightly cronjob, delete the working
dir, and start it again?

thanks in advance,
   Thorsten