Sloppy error checking in MS code

Res res at ausics.net
Mon Dec 18 23:24:40 GMT 2006

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, Scott Silva wrote:

> Wietse can be a real prima donna over his code, but postfix is very good
> software. I think Julian works with their "attitudes" because of that. Might
> explain why he never embraced Qmail.

Any current MTA is very good software, be it even sendmail or exim, qmail
has not been supported for years, so I guess it is dying, the only saving
grace it has, is how easy it is with virtual domains and vpopmail, there
is not a better or equal solution, the sendmail/postfix +cyrus is still a
pain, and yes I know they tried to incorporate postfix with vpopmail, but
last I heard you still needed to do qmail directory installs, so you might
as well just use qmail so long as it has had the dozen or so decent
security and performance tightening patches applied that is :)

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd