Not blocking spam?

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 19:06:07 GMT 2006

On 18/12/06, Jeff Davis <jdavis at standard.k12.ca.us> wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> What should I be looking for?
>
> So far this is what I've gotten:
>
> Read 759 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
> MailScanner setting GID to  (89)
> MailScanner setting UID to  (89)
>
> Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
> Using SpamAssassin results cache
> Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
>
> But I'm not seeing any new headers in my email, and nothing is being
> tagged as spam or otherwise...
>
> -Jeff

Lets try that again... I assume the 89.89 UID.GID is postfix.postfix?
Have you checked that you have a correctly set HOLD thing? Else
MailScanner will never see anything at all...:). When you send a
testmessage through, does any lines in your log reflect that
MailScanner is processing messages (Found X messages etc etc)?

As you can gather, I'm thinking something really basic is wrong here;-)
Cheers
--
-- Glenn