Sloppy error checking in MS code

Res res at ausics.net
Sat Dec 16 21:59:22 GMT 2006

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006, Richard Lynch wrote:

> I doubt anything would quiet them.
> Axiom: If one is looking for fault one will find it. Corollary: You will find
> whatever you are looking for.
>
> It's not necessary to check every possible failure just the important ones or
> the ones you want to handle.  The question becomes "Does MS check enough of
> them?".  I don't know the code so I can't say.  I can, however, say this.
>
> 1) MS protects over 1 billion messages a day (from the web page).
> 2) We use it to process approx 2 million messages a day.
> 3) We have had little to no problems with MS.
>
> For us the answer to the question is, yes, MS checks enough of them,

here here.

and the only problem we've ever had with MS, was not MS, but spamassasin
(more directly: dcc laaaaaaggggg)

On this note I'd like to wish all of you a Merry Christmas, and we can
rest peacefully (or drink constantly :P) this festive season knowing our
own and our clients Emails are well protected.

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd