Sloppy error checking in MS code

Res res at ausics.net
Sat Dec 16 21:53:24 GMT 2006

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006, Mike Jakubik wrote:

> system call produce? I believe what distinguishes good software from bad is
> how the software handles errors. What you are saying seems to contradict, as

If I have to evaluate two pieces of software, doing the exact same thing.
One that checks for every single error code (as is apparently so important
to you and the postfix crybabies, and lets not forget Venema has always
had somthing against MS) and takes 5 minutes to process a batch of 50 msgs,
and one that checks for the only really needed calls that does a batch of
50 in 5 seconds, the latter wins hands down.

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd