Allowing .pr3 files through

Stef Morrell stef at aoc-uk.com
Fri Dec 8 16:30:41 GMT 2006

Michael Mansour wrote:
> I have their setup as:
>
> /etc/MailScanner/example.com.filename.rules.conf
> allow   \.pr3$          -       -
>
> at the end of the file, but that does not seem to work.

As far as I know, the rules file is parsed in order and stops when a
match is found.

Thefore, try putting it at the beginning instead, so that it matches for
.pr3 and allows it before matching the general disallow rules for
executables.

Regards

Stef
Stefan Morrell          | Operations Director
Tel: 0845 3452820       | Alpha Omega Computers Ltd
Fax: 0845 3452830       | Incorporating Level 5 Internet
stef at aoc-uk.com         | stef at l5net.net