Problems with split recipients

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Wed Dec 6 14:21:49 GMT 2006

Glenn Steen wrote:
> On 05/12/06, DAve <dave.list at pixelhammer.com> wrote:
> (snip)
>>
>> All that was done, we have always run a split queue on our MailScanner
>> servers.
>>
>> I have stopped the errors by making changes to my queues, as follows.
>>
>> added a new queue dir of /var/spool/mailq
>> added incoming queue at /var/spool/mailq/mqueue.in
>> added outgoing queue at /var/spool/mailq/mqueue
>>
>> adjusted my MailScanner.conf and start scripts accordingly.
>> added "define(`QUEUE_DIR','/var/spool/mailq')dnl to my incoming *.mc and
>> rebuilt my incoming *.cf file. Restarted Sendmail.
>
> Stupid question from a non-sendmail user... Couldn't you have reached
> the same effect by "define(`QUEUE_DIR','/var/spool')dnl" ... ?
> Wouldn't that have saved you a whole lot of checking/typing? Or is
> there some other magic involved that I'm not thinking of?

Quite possibly that would have worked. But since I found so little
information on the error, and even less information on how queue groups
actually work, I chose to play it safe and stuff everything into a new
set of queue directories. It just took a few seconds per server.

It seems to have fixed my problem, if I could find an explanation as to
why, I could write this up and add it to the Wiki.

Right now I'm dealing with an outbound slow queue after an upgrade to
8.13.x, it never ends does it?

DAve

Veterans?