Lint error in mailscanner.cf

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Sat Dec 2 16:26:58 GMT 2006

Christian Campbell wrote:
> Whlie running a spamassassin lint I receive:
>
> [24833] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: use_auto_whitelist 0
> [24833] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: use_dcc 0
>
> My mailscanner.cf has those lines uncommented as I want DCC and
> auto_whitelist disabled.

If you're getting those messages, it's because you're using SA 3.1.x and you
don't have the AWL or DCC plugins loaded in your *.pre files.

At that point, the feature set is *completely* disabled, to the point that it
doesn't even understand those configuration options.

You can safely remove those options from your file, and as long as you don't
uncomment the plugins in your *.pre files, they won't run.