MS queue problem

Dennis Willson taz at taz-mania.com
Sat Dec 2 05:17:24 GMT 2006

There could be a number of reasons.... One I found on my system
(sendmail + MS + milter-greylist + SAV + spamassassin + clamav) and I
process between 130,000 to 160,000 emails a day. I have two causes for
this and one is milter-greylist. You don't list that so I won't describe
that. But SAV will return a temp error back to the sender if it gets a
temp error during verification. So if the sender uses something like
milter-greylist then when SAV tries to verify the sender the senders
milter-greylist will return a temp error which will cause SAV to return
a temp error to the sender. This will cause the send to put the email in
its queue to be resent later. However, if the sender send another email
after the greylist timeout it will go right through while the original
email won't go through until the senders email server processes it out
of the queue.

Without more information I can't say for sure this is the problem. But
is something I have seen myself.. Plus I have the additional delay of
having greylisting myself so I can get a double greylist delay.

Hope this give a clue of what to look for.