thks for the mailscanner tool

Martin Hepworth martinh at solidstatelogic.com
Fri Dec 1 09:24:27 GMT 2006

vinay poojary wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> I am using mailscanner with sendmail.The sendmail is installed with
> smtp-auth .I have no such problems with mailscanner .I am just enjoying
> the mailscanner configuration .
>
> But presently i am facing the problem of addres spoofing .The people in
> my own company can change the from address and send mail to anyone via
> smtp auth .Is there any way i could stop these address spoofing .
>
> Thks in advance .
>
> Regards,
> vinay poojary

Vinay

1st point of call on this is a proper Acceptable Use Policy. If they use
business computers for non-work things, they go the normal disciplinary
procedures, or even straight to dismissal under gross misconduct. (never
under estimate the power of HR policy!).

next bit depends on how the desktops are configured and how/why they can
do this..

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator