Batch Constantly Growing in Size Issue

Ugo Bellavance ugob at camo-route.com
Thu Aug 31 20:53:13 IST 2006

Ugo Bellavance wrote:
>> Bjorgen T. Eatinger wrote:
>>>
>>> For unknown reason, my mail server started getting way behind in
>>> processing messages in the MailScanner batch, and the amount waiting
>>> just keeps growing and never decreases, but about 10 to 20 messages
>>> per day.
>>>

>> Probably since the last upgrade?  did you fix the lock type?

By lock type, I mean look at your MailScanner.conf file for this section:

# How to lock spool files.
# Don't set this unless you *know* you need to.
# For sendmail, it defaults to "posix".
# For sendmail 8.12 and older, you will probably need to change it to flock,
# particularly on Linux systems.
# For Exim, it defaults to "posix".
# No other type is implemented.
Lock Type = posix