Batch Constantly Growing in Size Issue

Bjorgen T. Eatinger beatinger at edenhosting.net
Thu Aug 31 17:31:45 IST 2006

For unknown reason, my mail server started getting way behind in
processing messages in the MailScanner batch, and the amount waiting
just keeps growing and never decreases, but about 10 to 20 messages per
day.

Aug 31 09:24:16 mail MailScanner[5531]: New Batch: Found 453 messages
waiting
Aug 31 09:24:16 mail MailScanner[5531]: New Batch: Forwarding 1
unscanned messages, 36314 bytes

Is anyone else experiencing this and/or know what this is all about and
how to resolve it?

I've searched the Internet for answers for more than 1 month with no
success.  I did try using the debug feature, and got zero results (no
issues).

I also tried searching the Archives and FAQs, also with no results.

Please help!

Thank you, Bjorgen Eatinger