maq entry missing - large bayes database

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Aug 30 23:07:21 IST 2006

Harondel J. Sibble spake the following on 8/30/2006 1:07 PM:

> On 30 Aug 2006 at 12:03, Scott Silva wrote:
>> Bayes database growing too much...
>>
>> How do I control the bayes database from growing out of control right
>> now?
>>
>> Stop MS. Delete all files except bayes_journal, bayes_seen and
>> bayes_toks. Now run "sa-learn --force-expire".
>>

> Hmm, that didn't work, near the end I see
> dbg: bayes: reduction goal of -112500 is under 1000 tokens, skipping expire
> dbg: bayes : expire completed
>
> this is running with sa-learn -D --force-expire
>
> I am assuming that's not what I should see....
>
> Googling on that line takes me to a lot of code examples for SA.
You could always run the database in \var\spool\spamassassin. You should have
a lot more room in your var partition. And there was a thread early in the
month, or late last month that it might speed up some I/O times.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and