mqueue.in just gets bigger - no delivery?

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Wed Aug 30 16:07:06 IST 2006

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 10:51:05AM -0400, Brett Charbeneau wrote:
> 	Great to hear from you Peter - I'm grateful for the help!
>
> On Wed, 30 Aug 2006, Peter Peters wrote:
>
> PP> >     Yes. It forks off and chews up CPU time quite happily.
> PP>
> PP> Do you see the forks?
>
> 	Well, I always thought the children of a process were the results of
> forking - did I miss something? If so, I'd love to know how to ps them, or
> whatever.

On my FreeBSD systems[1], `ps awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwuxj` captures a lot
of information, including the parent PID and GID. You can adjust the
number of "w" in the command to capture what you want, of course. You
may need to adjust the parms (slightly or massively) for Linux.

[1]  Yes, I know, I'm not running Linux. It works for me.

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO
mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Tired old sysadmin