mqueue.in just gets bigger - no delivery?

Brett Charbeneau brett at wrl.org
Tue Aug 29 23:21:45 IST 2006

Greetings,

 	I'd be grateful for any help anyone can find the time to offer!
 	Our Debian mail server is a P4 3200 Ghz with 2GB of RAM and Ultra-320
SCSI drives, we handle about 6K messages a day.
 	The building we are in is under renovation and our roofers were wielding
sledge hammers with abandon when it seemed our swap partition had a crash. (Lots
of CRC errors from the /tmp directory on the console.)
 	I've since e2fsck'd the entire disk and swapped out the motherboard with
an identical model.
 	The MTA is sendmail and while this was a successful install originally,
I've made sure to go over the sendmail/MailScanner instructions found here:

http://www.mailscanner.info/sendmail.html

 	The problem we are experiencing is that the mqueue.in directory just
keeps growing and no mail is being delivered. MailWatch shows we've got 630
inbound messages as I type - and the number keeps getting bigger.
    	I've run MS and SpamAssassin in debug mode, but can't find anything
revealing:

http://pastebin.ca/153822

 	I also did a

"spamassassin -D -p  \
/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf -t --lint 2>&1"

with this output:

http://pastebin.ca/153814

 	Can anyone offer any guidance as to what's going wrong?

Brett Charbeneau
Network Administrator
Williamsburg Regional Library
7770 Croaker Road
Williamsburg, VA 23188-7064
(757)259-4044          www.wrl.org
(757)259-4079 (fax)    brett at .please.do.not.spam.me.wrl.org