MailScanner hangs once a day

Sergio García Caso sergiogc at treelogic.com
Tue Aug 29 08:45:33 IST 2006

Friday MailScanner stopped at 10 AM, yesterday it stopped at 12.00 AM
and today at 8.30 AM (another days it stopped at different times but
always at morning) so I think that the problem isn´t a cron job. Perhaps
the problem is the high load the server have weekdays?

Sometimes when the message "MailScanner child dying of old age" appears
in the syslog MailScanner don´t restart and it hangs.