Solaris 10 init.d startup failing

Rob Shepherd rob at techniumcast.com
Fri Aug 25 12:50:49 IST 2006

Jeff A. Earickson wrote:

> If you can easily create a svcadm standalone setup for MailScanner, you
> would be a hero to us few Solaris 10 users.

This is mine... works great.

Of course... Run In Foreground = no

NOTE: remove the check_mailscanner cron entry.  SMF will ensure it's up
and running (if it can be).... The ps grepping in check_mailscanner
didn't work for me (the pargs are too long and get chopped by ps) and
spawned multiple top-level MS processes.

Note to users:

1. check the dependencies. I use postfix.
2. note the fmri. site/mailscanner
3. no smf 'method' is required as calling check_mailscanner directly and
the :kill utility seem to work fine.

I place my own smf bits and bobs in /usr/local/svc/[method,manifest]

Cheers

Rob

--
Rob Shepherd | Computer and Network Engineer | Technium CAST | LL57 4HJ
rob recieves mail at techniumcast.com | 01248 675024 | 07776 210516