Block Postive Phishing Frauds

Jim Holland mailscanner at mango.zw
Thu Aug 24 12:38:56 IST 2006

Hi Colin

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, Colin Jack wrote:

> Whoa ... a zimbo?

Not really - just an Aussie who has been living in Zimbabwe for rather too
long!

> Newbie question Jim ... where does ClamAV keep all the rules?
>
> Thanks
>
> Colin

The two configuration files are:

	/usr/local/etc/clamd.conf
	/usr/local/etc/freshclam.conf

The first is only if you are running the ClamAV daemon, which is not
recommended.  The second is for the updates - it is esssential to
configure here the correct DatabaseMirror (eg db.zw.clamav.net).

For use with MailScanner you need a wrapper which sets up the
parameters that are passed to clamscan.  This is the file:

	/usr/lib/MailScanner/clamav-wrapper

The only change I make is to add ScanOptions="--detect-broken".

The virus definitions are downloaded by freshclam (which is itself called
by /usr/lib/MailScanner/clamav-autoupdate which is called by
/etc/cron.hourly/update_virus_scanners) to /usr/local/share/clamav.

Hope that helps!

Regards

Jim Holland
System Administrator
MANGO - Zimbabwe's non-profit e-mail service