Greylisting (WAS: gif attachments)

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Wed Aug 23 22:32:13 IST 2006

Daniel Maher wrote:

> [...]

We just configured greylisting on all our gateway servers this week. Our
spam percentage (caught) dropped dramatically, because the number of
messages which made it into our servers fell by over 70%. Very nice, our
servers are bored now. We should have had over 80k messages today yet we
are showing only 30k have made it inside so far. Now that five oclock is
here, the percentage of good messages will fall fast.

For what it is worth we went with Milter-greylist 2.02 as it provides a
sync ability between multiple MXs. Note also that the conf file already
has a large list of mail servers that do not honor temp failures and
they are whitelisted from the gitgo. You can also whitelist IPs, rcpt
addresses, sender addresses, regex addresses, domains.

So far we are very happy.

DAve

Veterans?