Odd time/date stamp in maillog

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 14:57:59 IST 2006

On 23/08/06, Colin Jack <colin at mainline.co.uk> wrote:
> Thanks ... the odd thing is that the system time seems fine when I use
> 'date' ... it is just that MailScanner is putting the wrong time stamp
> in the logs.
>
> Colin

Yes, well... That is an interractive session, which has probably
loaded some additional environmental setup files, so doesn't say much
(TZ is probably set in a central profile, bashrc or similar file). If
you look at your cron jobs etc, they likely have a somewhat "skewed"
view of what timezone you're in too.
You obviously have a correct setting for it in the interractive shell,
so you might want to look at that (echo $TZ).
BTW, (thanks Phil for the correction:) did you try running system-config-date?

Cheers
--
-- Glenn